Call for Papers: Twenty Years of Macedonian Independence (Skopje, 15-16 September 2011)
The Center for Research and Policy Making (CRPM) from Skopje, and the School of Public Policy “Mother Theresa” are organizing an international and interdisciplinary academic conference dedicated to the 20th anniversary of the independence of the Republic of Macedonia titled “Twenty Years of Macedonian Independence: mirroring economic, political and policy developments.” The conference will be held from
8 to 10th September 15-16 September 2011 and will bring together renowned international speakers.
The conference will include five panels covering various aspects of the political and social developments in Macedonia in the last twenty years. The panels will focus around the following themes:
1) Twenty years of democratic development in Macedonia: politics and policies of democratization and consolidation
2) Nation-building / nation branding in Macedonia
3) Lessons from multicultural policies in Macedonia for the region and beyond
4) Macedonia and the EU: love at second sight
5) Twenty years of economic development in Macedonia: issues and challenges
We welcome paper proposals by academics, researchers, practitioners and doctoral students in the social and economic sciences and humanities. Applicants should submit a completed application package consisting of the following items:
a) 250-300 word abstract
b) short narrative biography [max 300 words] – please do not send long CVs
The abstract and the short narrative CV should be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2011. The successful applicants will be notified by mid August. The organizers will try to secure travel and accommodation grants under special conditions for the international participants.